CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rabbit Hole



Let’s start the first post in a while for The Worst Reviews with a poorly written review of a decent movie. The reason why Rabbit Hole exceeded my expectations was due to the fact that I expected something overacted, melodramatic and slowly-paced.

The plot centering on a couple grieving over their son’s death is nothing new for film, but what this film does well (as well as the play it’s based on, I can only assume) is avoid the pitfalls of turning real-life drama into a laughable Lifetime movie.

I thought the movie might have made me fall asleep, but Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart carry the film. The dialogue doesn’t get to sappy or cheesy, and for the most part the film avoid clichés that would have been so easy to slip into.

7/10






0 comments: