CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dan in Real Life



I put off watching Dan in Real Life for a long time due to the fact that Dane Cook is in it. Everytime, well this and Mr. Brooks, Cook stars as a supporting character I have someone telling me that he’s not that bad or annoying in the film. This is somewhat the case with Dan in Real Life, but not entirely. He’s still douchey Dane Cook.

I understand some people dislike Steve Carell as much as I despise Dane Cook, but Carell has grown on me over the year. Carell does take a stab at actual acting, but it’s the screenplay that really suffers. The story is just a little too obvious and the film is just a mundane romantic comedy that wishes it had some artistic direction.

The best part of the film is the music by Sondre Lerche throughout the entire duration, and there’s even an appearance by Lerche at the end. But even his music kind of just adds to the cornball factor of the overall picture. It’s simply a Lifetime movie starring Steve Carell.

4/10







0 comments: