CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Timecop



I haven't had much time to update lately due to catching up on work and studying. However, I was able to fit in watching a lot of different movies. So expect more reviews coming in.

For now though...Timecop

Oh, Timecop is there nothing you can’t do? It has come to my attention that I’ve been rating movies pretty high lately. I definitely need to be a little more focused. As much as I love giving films an 8 out of 10 or higher, I also enjoy rating films real low.

Well, I thought Timecop would be another 8 out of 10 for sure. Boy, was I wrong. The movie spent much of the opening having characters complain about time travel, making references to Star Wars. The set up is that time travel is “sissy stuff”, and the rest of the film is supposed to prove that’s not true.

But, really it is sissy stuff. Besides a funny scene here or there, the idea of Jean-Claude Van Dame traveling through time gets old fast. This is Van Dame at the end of his blockbuster action streak, and it really shows.

Towards the end, the action and plot get so convoluted that you just really shouldn’t care.

4/10


0 comments: